American Association for the Advancement of Science and the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (Fall 2020-Fall 2021)
Communications Director (Started as Intern)
“The Center for Science and Technology Policy Research (CSTPR) at the University of Colorado Boulder (CU Boulder) partnered with the American Association for the Advancement of Science to develop and grow an informed, involved, and impactful Colorado Local Science Engagement Network (LSEN).
The objectives of the CO LSEN program is twofold: first, to bring relevant and timely science to bear on policy decisions at the local and state level so that policies are better suited to address challenges related to climate change, sustainability, technology adoption, and natural resource management in Colorado; and second, to build and foster the LSEN as a new contingent of scientists in the state who are regularly engaged in identifying opportunities and relationships for bringing science into the policy realm.”
- Create and execute social media plan (manage Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and aspects of Quorum website)
- Promotion of events and campaigns
- Work closely with Co-Directors and special projects director
- Graphic Design for social media and website (focus on continuity of brand identity)
- Coordinate virtual events (work with special projects director to invite guests, curate questions, and run event logistics)
- What is the Future of Hydraulic Fracturing in the US and Colorado?
- Legislative Event (3 Parts)
- Virtual Discussion on Institutional Racism in STEM
- Write Science notes for Monthly Publication
- Execute Monthly Newsletters to Colorado LSEN Subscribers
- Better Know a District Multi-media project
- Interview Colorado’s congressional Representatives (managed backend of interview with Rep. Jason Crow and interviewed Rep. Joe Neguse)
- Create video introductions of each congressional district
- Work with special projects director to manage upkeep of story boards.
- Promotion and branding of Better Know a District