Executive Board (May 2021-May 2022)
Vice President of Alumni Relations
- Manage all communications with Cornell Alumni in the Fashion Industry (via email,
Zoom, Linkedin, and in-person, etc.)
- Work closely with Human Ecology Office of Alumni Affairs
- Engage Cornell Alumni in Fashion on Linkedin and manage company page
- Curate alumni guest speakers list (both virtually and in-person) for general body events
- Invite speakers to annual Fashion Speaks Gala
- Interview guest speakers and curate questions
- Coordinate annual Alumni mentorship program by matching interested fashion students with industry professionals.
2021 Fashion Speaks Gala: The Vintage Influence on Fashion
2021 was an exciting year for the CFIN gala as it was the first time there was a dress up theme for the event, alongside the discussion theme, and it was the first time the gala was successfully been held in the fall in-person in years. The theme “Vintage Influence in Fashion”, explored the reemergence of trends along with classic designers, the allure of vintage, trend forecasting, and sustainability considerations. In attendance to discuss these topics were Anu Lingala (Trend Forecasting & Cultural Strategy), Joyce Fung (Sr. Research Associate, Costume Institute, Metropolitan Museum of Art), and Jennifer Rice (Director of Systems & Operations at the Ralph Lauren Library). There was also an extensive historical garment display by the Cornell Fashion and Textile Collection and the reprisal of the infamous gala raffle.